As of January 2019, we have started to text results to patients. This saves you time as it removes the requirement for you to call the Practice to obtain your result. It also means that you get your result quicker as the message is sent at the moment the Doctor files it. The text will be quite generic as to not provide any confidential information in case someone else has access to your telephone account. It most cases, the message will read either:
- Your results have been received. No action is required.
- Your results are now with your Doctor. Contact your Practice.
If you do not receive your result by text there are a few ways in which you can find out the result of your test:
- The quickest and easiest way is to sign up to the NHS App and view the result on your mobile, PC, tablet or laptop at a time suitable for you. Click here to read more about this service and how to sign up.
- Call the surgery after 2pm and speak to a receptionist who will be able to provide you with your results.
- Ask for your result at the reception desk at any of our three sites.
Please allow 1 week for results to come back from the Hospital except for cervical screening (smears) and histology results which normally take around 2 weeks.
Please note that if your test was requested by the Hospital, it is the responsibility of the requesting Clinician to provide you with the result. We are not always copied into the results of tests requested by Clinicians other than ours, nor are our team trained in interpreting certain Secondary Care tests.