There are several ways in which you can contact the Practice regarding a complaint:

If you have a complaint or concern about the service you have received from the doctors or any member of staff working in the Practice, please let us know.  We operate a Practice Complaints Procedure which meets nationally agreed criteria, as part of an NHS wide system for dealing with complaints.

How to Complain

We hope that most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly, often at the time they arise and with the person concerned.  If your problems cannot be resolved in this way and you wish to make a complaint, we would like you to let us know as soon as possible, because this will enable us to establish what happened more easily.

Who to Contact

Complaints should be addressed to the Complaints Manager by email  to [email protected] or by letter. It will help if you are specific about your complaint.  If you would like to speak to us, you may ask for a meeting to discuss your concerns.  PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR NAME, ADDRESS & DATE OF BIRTH ON ALL CORRESPONDENCE.

If you would prefer not to raise the matter us, you may complain directly to NHS England.  Visit for more information.

What we will do

We will acknowledge your complaint within four working days.  We will then carry out an investigation and respond to you within 40 days to let you know the outcome.  When we investigate your complaint, our aim will be to:

  • find out what happened and what went wrong.
  • make it possible for you to discuss the problem with those concerned as necessary
  • make sure you receive an apology where this is appropriate.
  • identify what we can do to make sure the problem does not reoccur.

Complaining on behalf of Someone Else

Please note that we keep strictly to the rules of medical confidentiality.  If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, you need their permission to do so.  In this event we will require a note of consent signed by the person concerned, unless they are unable to through incapacitation or if you are the parent / guardian of a child complainant aged under 16.  You can download the consent form here.

What to do if you are unhappy with our response

You can complain to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman: . Their contact number is 0345 015 4033 and their lines are open 8.30am-5.30pm Monday – Friday.

Complaints relating to Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs)

CCGs were set up primarily to purchase Secondary Care services (such as hospital and community services) on behalf of local populations and, whilst it is usually preferable to take up your concern with the service provider direct, the CCG appreciates your feedback about these services.

 If you wish to complain about a service you should be aware that complaints regulations set out that you can only complain to either the service provider or the commissioner, not to both.

Services commissioned by NHS North Hampshire Clinical Commissioning Group

  • Community Health Services
  • Maternity Services
  • Planned Hospital Care
  • Urgent and emergency care, including A&E, 111 and GP Out of Hours Services
  • Older People’s Healthcare Services
  • Healthcare Services for Children
  • Rehabilitation Services i.e. wheelchair services
  • Healthcare services for people with mental health conditions
  • Healthcare services for people with learning difficulties
  • Individual Funding Referrals

To tell them about your experience please contact them in one of the following ways:

In writing to:

Complaints, Compliments and Concerns, NHS North Hampshire Clinical Commissioning Group, Central 40, Lime Tree Way, Chineham Business Park, Basingstoke, RG24 8GU

Email them: [email protected]  or [email protected]

Talk to them: Telephone: 01256 705507